Last Modified: 09/28/2020
What we do with your personally identifiable information
“Personally Identifiable Information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your user ID and password (if applicable) for use of the Capillary Services
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
- the device identifier and the IP address assigned to any mobile device used to access our services;
- the location of any mobile device used to access our services;
- session data for your login session, so that our Services can ‘talk’ to your computer or mobile device while you are logged in.
If you do provide Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our programs and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to permit you and your Organization to make use of the Capillary Services;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Allogy, your Organization, Allogy’s users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that might not be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer and the device identifier and the IP address assigned to any mobile device used to access our services. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s) and services, research and development, and customer and account administration.
Allogy uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your web browser (for example, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website(s) and services.
We may grant access to your personal data to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website(s) and services and conducting our business, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This may include service providers that provide IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment, legal and financial services, to the extent such sharing of data is necessary for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off our website(s) and services when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
Allogy’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein. If you are using Capillary with an account established by or at the request of your Organization, the transfer of personal information to the United States may be subject to contractual arrangements between Allogy and your Organization.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use Allogy’s website(s) and service(s). Allogy does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?